Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018, we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust which, in addition to ourselves, consists of two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School where there are opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Our MFL department is currently a small one, comprising of just two teachers (including the recently appointed Head of Department who started in September 2019), but is ripe for expansion as the impact of yours and the HOD’s high quality teaching practice and natural enthusiasm for your subject increases the popularity of languages amongst students and MFL becomes a KS4 option of choice! We currently offer French, but there is potential over time to expand the number of languages we offer. We also provide some language lessons to our primary cohort to cultivate a passion for studying foreign languages at an early age.
We are seeking a qualified teacher who will:
- be a strong practitioner or demonstrate the potential to be so
- have a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and is able and willing to teach across the whole age and ability range including some lessons with our primary children
- quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues
- foster a love a languages in our students through their excellent teaching practice and infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject, motivating students to work hard and try their best
- be willing to teach a second subject if required. A willingness to support the learning of our increasing number of EAL students (also under the stewardship of the Head of MFL) would be an advantage. Training would be provided.
- actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- work hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development and a pathway to middle and senior leadership opportunities across the schools in the MAT
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Head of MFL, Susan Chester, email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 3 February 2020. Interviews will be held before half term.