We are recruiting a German / Spanish / French teacher for a fixed term maternity leave at full time or .8 of a timetable. We teach all three languages and therefore we have flexibility regarding your language expertise. The MFL department at Tudor Grange Solihull consists of seven specialist teachers who work closely as a team. The department is well provided with teaching resources and information regarding the new specifications. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of MFL including a focus on developing students’ independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Working in a subject area where students achieved 84% A*-C in French, 98% A*-C in in German & 79% A*-C in Spanish at GCSE. Overall our A*-C % is 16% higher than the national average which is even more impressive when you consider the fact that we enter 60% more candidates than the national average.
- Teaching in a forward-looking subject area with excellent resources.
- The opportunity to develop and deliver ‘A’ level courses.
Tudor Grange Academy is a designated National Teaching School which means all our staff have access to excellent opportunities to flourish, develop and facilitate courses for other professionals. Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands. Our results place the Academy in the top 5 of non-selective schools in the country and reinforces our reason for expanding and therefore offering some fantastic opportunities. In 2017 our Progress 8 score was +0.52 and our Attainment 8 was 5.9 (B+). 90% of our students achieved 4+ in English and Maths and 76% achieved 5+ in English and Maths. 58% of our students gained EBacc.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
• Teaching pupils who are well motivated, the school enjoys strong parental support
• An excellent induction programme
• Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
• A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
• Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Kathryn Smith at the Academy by 12 noon on the closing date either via email to email@example.com. or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
For further details please visit https://www.solihull.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.