We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our MFL department where you will be supported and developed to ensure that you deliver inspirational and innovative teaching on a daily basis. The team works collaboratively to share good practice and to improve teaching and learning across the department.
The subject is consistently popular at GCE Advanced Level and thus the ideal candidate will have experience of teaching at Key Stage 5, although this is not essential.
The Modern Languages team at Pudsey Grangefield has three full time members of staff. Students have the opportunity to learn both French and Spanish in Key Stage 3. Year 7 students are currently taught in mixed ability form groups. In Year 8 students continue as in Year 7 and have the option of choosing to study French or Spanish at GCSE.
In Year 9 students who have opted to study a language begin the first of a 3 year GCSE programme. A growing percentage of students opt to continue studying languages at KS4 and the school is actively promoting the English Baccalaureate.
Spanish is currently offered at AS and A2 level at Pudsey Grangefield and French through the Pudsey Sixth Form Consortium, although is reviewed annually and we are hoping to expand student uptake.
Within the department, trips are seen as an integral part of the language learning process. Visits abroad have been organised to Boulogne, France for Year 7 pupils and Normandy for Year 8 students.
Pudsey Grangefield School is a truly inspirational and caring community of learning where everyone within it is developed and supported to achieve their very best. Our students leave with great resilience and an excellent set of skills which allows them to lead a happy and fulfilling life. A culture of excellence across the entire school captivates students and results in them exceeding the high expectations which the school has embedded in previous years.
The school values underpin everything that we do and have contributed to the transformation in the school ethos in recent years. The values are:
We are looking for someone who:
· Is passionate about school improvement and developing students to achieve their very best
· Who has high standards of expectation for themselves and others and through this will support the fostering of a culture of excellence across the school.
· Will be an excellent member of the department and will show dedication, drive and commitment to our goal of ensuring the highest standards in education for our students.
Why work at Pudsey Grangefield School?
· The opportunity to play a key part in the continuing transformation of the school
· The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff who are ensuring our students are successful in every way
· We offer excellent CPD through our membership of the Red Kite Teaching Alliance and place staff development at the forefront of our organisation
· The school is at the point of securing good outcomes from our students in 2018 – this is an opportunity for the successful candidate to secure these improvements and to be part of the drive forward to further success for everyone.
· Be part of a supportive organisation which prides itself on high standards for staff and students
· Work in an award-winning state of art building