We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy, enthusiasm and a love of Modern Foreign Languages.
The successful candidate will
• Have a passion for foreign languages and learning
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
• Be able to build relationships quickly, with humility and empathy
• Be positive, optimistic, caring, kind and approachable
• Have a real interest in educational issue, approaches and alternatives from around the world
• Be proactive and confident, yet humble and considered
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role
The Gryphon is a heavily oversubscribed 11-18 school, which is successful in gaining high results for its students at both GCSE and A-level. The large Sixth Form of 450 students is exceptional. Its students have an excellent record of success in gaining university entrance, including to Oxbridge and the Russell Group, and in the most challenging courses. We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset.
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. It became an academy in August 2012 to sustain the quality of our outstanding provision. You will find Sherborne to be a centre for educational excellence as a beautiful rural country town that has easy road and rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
Teaching is often outstanding. Teachers make lessons stimulating and practical. They have excellent subject knowledge. The Good School Guide described pastoral care and discipline as ‘exceptional’. Students are reflective, behave with great courtesy, and are heavily involved in working with staff to improve the school and the welfare of others. We are a comprehensive school serving a diverse community. The high quality support staff make a real difference.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students. The A Level average points score per entry is the highest of all Dorset state schools and one of the highest in the country; it was also the highest for academic A levels as well as vocational A levels.