Part time 3 – 4 days per week with possibility to extend to full time in future
Ormiston Chadwick Academy opened in Widnes in September 2014 serving the community of West Widnes. Our Academy is large enough to offer an outstanding curriculum but small enough to have a strong community ethos in which all students are known and nurtured to achieve their potential.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated and successful Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages for September 2018 to inspire and motivate staff and students. The successful candidate will enable our learning community to enjoy and achieve success in Modern Foreign Languages and facilitate progression to advanced studies.
Currently students study Spanish at KS3 and have the option of taking French additionally at in Yr8. Students are able to opt for French and/or Spanish at KS4. The ability to teach one of these languages to GCSE level is essential.
There is the potential for this to become a full time post in the future.
- Be a dynamic practitioner of Modern Foreign Languages.
- Actively contribute to the long term vision and practice of teaching and learning in Modern Foreign Languages and throughout the academy.
- Be enthusiastic, creative and able to inspire students to reach their full potential.
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Create a highly stimulating learning environment in which children want to learn.
- Be committed to delivering engaging lessons that make good use of ICT and modern technologies.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work interdependently within faculties.
We work closely with our excellent educational sponsor, Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) and also alongside our partner, Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy (OBA) Runcorn.
Further information and an application form can be found on the Academy website; www.ormistonchadwickacademy.co.uk
Please send completed application form to Mrs Jayne Hayes, Personnel Manager, at the above address. Alternatively they can be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Strictly no CV’s, application forms only
Closing date for applications is 23 March 2018 at 12 Noon.
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion.
Ormiston Chadwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Ormiston Chadwick Academy
Liverpool Road, Widnes WA8 7HU
Tel: 0151-424-5038 - Fax: 0151-420-8487
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Website: www.ormistonchadwickacademy.co.uk