Why apply to be a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages - Spanish/Mandarin at Riverside school?
Riverside School opened in September 2012 with one Year 7 cohort of 120 students. In September 2017 we move into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the bank of the Thames with 1000 students from Year 7 to 13; we will grow to 2000 over the next 5 years. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It is a very special place to work.
Our relentless focus is on teaching and learning while developing great teachers is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and generous time to plan means teachers are motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
Riverside school has recently been accepted onto The Mandarin Excellence Programme. Mandarin Chinese opens up a world of opportunity – as the most spoken language in the world, it can connect speakers with an exciting and dynamic culture as well as boost career opportunities. Mandarin has been identified as one of the most important languages for the UK’s future prosperity, so now marks the perfect time to introduce Mandarin as an additional language at Riverside. We are very excited to be part of this programme and devlop Mandarin learners.
The Spanish department offers a full and broad range of learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom; We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of Spanish with exceptional subject knowledge and the ability to be at the forefront of dynamic teaching to join our highly successful and collaborative department. This post has become available due to expansion.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for Spanish which is evident in their day to day teaching.
- Be able to teach Spanish to KS4/5
- Be well versed in the current changes in the Spanish GCSE specification and the implications of these on classroom teaching.
- Show evidence of being, or having the clear potential to be, an outstanding middle leader and teacher of Spanish.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes and other after-school activities.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focusses on continuous learning and development of practice.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson studies which provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Purpose built and well-furnished classrooms in a brand new £45 million school.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you.
To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/.
Visits to the school before application are welcomed. Please contact Headteacher: Andrew Roberts, on 020 3946 5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) £32,157 - £42,624 or £46,971 - £50,935 dependent on experience
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Barking Riverside, Greater London.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Riverside School is a mixed, non-denominational secondary school with a sixth form. It is an academy located in Barking, Greater London.
Riverside opened as a new provision in September 2013, it currently has 1100 students on roll and will eventually...