Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is 2 early years (one morning and one afternoon session) classes, P1-P7 which includes composites, and S1-6 classes. There are currently a total 308 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current Head Teacher is Kirsty MacKenzie. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.brae.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information - www.shetland.gov.uk
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2729 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 28.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 0.8
- Sector/Subject specialism: Secondary/Modern Studies
- Qualification requirement: Appropriate teaching qualification
- Class information: S1-S6
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School, Brae.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Kirsty Mackenzie, Head Teacher - 01595 745600 - email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: 29/05/2018
Brae High School