Are you a Music Teacher who is open to starting in a new role from January 2019? The Halley Academy has an exciting opportunity to appoint a teacher who'll work within our team to deliver this subject. Music is thriving at The Halley Academy; we have a cohort of 150 students in Key Stage 4 who we see flourish year on year when being taught by a passionate and engaging teacher. If that's you, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly ambitious team-player to join our dynamic team. We have a superb teaching and peripatetic music team who have a wealth of music industry experience - one of our tutors was only recently judging on the BBC Young Jazz Musician of the Year, and others regularly perform with high-calibre acts. The music department is well equipped with lots of new instruments courtesy of a recent grant from Restore the Music, with whom we maintain excellent links. RTM links have given us access to Steinway Pianos, bringing students to master classes with well-known pianists, as well as fostered links with the Royal Albert Hall and EMI records. Over the past few years, students have won prizes in London-wide Battle of the Bands, and sung to huge audiences at the Mayoral Electoral Assembly at the Copperbox Arena.
You will have musical theatre and/or contemporary experience with the ability to lead singing. You will have music technology proficiency to help us deliver related courses at a high standard. You are a highly ambitious, forward- thinking individual at any stage in your career who wants to make a difference in a challenging context.
Get to know our department…
- Our exam board for KS4 Music is currently Eduqas and NCFE for Music Technology and Performance Skills
- We are a team of three music teachers
- We have excellent Music Technology facilities
- We are currently running over 50 iMacs and Mac-Minis alongside PCs
- We work on Logic Pro, Garageband and Cubase
- We have excellent instrumental facilities
- We offer vocal, bass/guitar, drum kit/percussion, brass and piano instrumental lessons
- We offer both GCSE and VCert for Key Stage 4 students
- A number of our students leave us to study music as a higher education option
- A number of our students perform locally at music venues and festivals
- We run trips to musicals, industry events, classical venues and more
- We have a number of concerts each year with a large number of students from all year groups including Summer/Winter concert and exam group concerts
The main message we’d like potential candidates to take away from this advert is the genuine collaboration and dynamism we have in our department. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge of our team and utilise the great support offered by our Subject Leader!
We pride ourselves on our excellent relationships between pupils and teachers and our strong ethos of sharing successes and celebrating achievement. We require an ambitious, determined and committed individual to ensure our pupils achieve at the very highest levels. The successful applicants will be responsible for ensuring quality first curriculum provision that will ensure rapid progression, challenge and enjoyment for all pupils.
Working with The Halley Academy: We are a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for English and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.