Teacher of Music (0.7FTE)
Permanent, 0.7FTE from 1st September 2019
We are seeking a qualified teacher of Music who is a strong practitioner with a passion for their subject to join our thriving department with effect from 1st September 2019. The successful candidate will be a talented and dynamic individual with the ability to inspire the next generation of musicians. Music is at the heart of Haygrove School and you will be determined to make a significant contribution to our successful Music department in addition to a strong all-round contribution to the ethos of the school. Furthermore, there may be an opportunity for the post-holder to provide peripatetic lessons.
We especially welcome applications from NQT colleagues as well as experienced teachers.
We are an over-subscribed 11-16 mixed school in the beautiful county of Somerset with a reputation for excellent academic results, good standards of behaviour and a caring and inclusive environment.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016, our outstanding GCSE results are amongst the best in the county.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. As a multi-academy trust we are well positioned to recruit and develop high quality teachers who aspire to be expert practitioners working across a trust and potentially taking on leadership responsibilities. We work closely with several higher education establishments in the South West and our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, in addition to our annual in-house programme of personalised training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a creative and dynamic teacher with the ability to contribute to the development of the Music Curriculum
- Be a highly motivated individual with commitment and a vision for excellence
- Have the ability to deliver engaging lessons, inspire students and build excellent relationships
- Be committed to continuous improvement and the development of Haygrove Academy Trust
- Be committed to the ethos, values and vision of the Haygrove Academy Trust
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious in continually improving teaching and learning
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious about own career development
In return, teaching at Haygrove School offers:
• A personalised professional development programme
• An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other
• A caring ethos that inspires success for all
• Well motivated and enthusiastic learners
• A wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A full programme of induction and support for new staff
• A culture of high expectation and professional standards
Haygrove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Haygrove School is an equal opportunities employer.
For application packs, please go to: www.haygroveschool.co.uk/about-us/vacancies.htm
Closing date: noon on 24th April 2019
Interviews: 8th May 2019
Early applications are strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate before the above dates