A rare and wonderful opportunity has arisen at one of the best schools in Romania to teach and influence the development of Music. You will be joining a team of great team of teachers, and be a member of the department of Expressive and Performing Arts (Music, Drama, Art & Design and Media), you will be inducted, and encouraged to participate in the wider college educational offering.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following characteristics:
- Be a qualified teacher of music;
- Playing two or more instruments - will be an advantage;
- Be near-native or native level speaker of English;
- Have excellent subject knowledge up to A-level;
- Experience of teaching in an international school would be a distinct advantage, and/or the ability and experience to work with individuals at both the theoretical and practical levels of music;
- Be passionate about young people and their education, and open to new ideas enthusiastically;
- Be able to work individually and/ or in a team;
- Be a person that is willing to share what they know with other colleagues and learn from others;
- Be flexible and adaptive to new situations.
We have a generic contract for teachers which formally describes the role and the responsibilities, however in essence the following list will give you a clear understanding of the role.
You will ….
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons across the Key Stages
- Be able to contribute to the excellence of teaching and learning across the Key Stages
- Monitor, evaluate, assess and record students’ learning progress and achievement
- Be able to select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment to ensure updated subject development
- Prepare students for performances, concerts, competitions and examinations
- Maintain classroom discipline
- Ensure the schemes of work are updated in relation to the specifications
- Set clear targets for individual students
- Be aware of the individual needs of students and differentiate accordingly
- Be able to communicate with parents regarding their children’s learning progress and ensure that parents are aware their child’s learning progress
- Participate in continuing professional development training (CPD)
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range
- Teach the subjects from an international perspective
- Have a strategic vision for the development of teaching your subject and your subject’s place in the curriculum
- Be able to have curriculum design input at all key stages
- Maintain high standards in planning and classroom delivery alongside well considered use of assessment and ICT
- Be committed to creating a stimulating, learning environment for the students
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College
The Terms and Conditions
The remuneration package will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and will include the following:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and should include:
- a complete resume/CV, including a good-quality, recent head-and-shoulders photo (no more than two sides of A4)
- the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses (one of whom must be your current Head of School)
- a covering letter:
o explaining your strengths, and how you would apply you experience so far in life to the opportunity available
o why you would like to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest, Romania)
o describe how you would develop high standards while keeping students motivated
o your ideas on what makes an ‘outstanding music teacher’
o a statement briefly outlining your educational beliefs and teaching style
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.
- Closing date: May, the 20th, 2018, but please apply as soon as possible, as applications will be considered on receipt;
- First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype;
- Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held at Avenor College, Bucharest, in May 2018.