Avenor College, a dynamic, selective and future thinking school is seeking a Teacher of Music to join our school on the next steps into the future.
As the school continues to expand we need to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to contribute to the teaching of Music throughout the school from August 2019. Applicants should be qualified Music teachers and NQT’s are welcome to apply. Our Music department, is well lead by an experienced Music teacher, but it is part of the wider faculty of Expressive and Performing Arts (EPA – Music, Drama, Media and Visual Arts) consisting of six colleagues, dedicated rooms, offers great opportunities for continuous professional development and thorough induction, all students take Music from Age 6 to 14. The students are bright and enthusiastic, and we are challenged in the future to stretch them. The majority of students have peripatetic lessons in Piano and other musical skills. The students perform extensively in school and out of school. Music is taught exclusively in English.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
- Be native-level or near-native level speakers of English;
- Be able to offer at Music to all children (6-16) with an international dimension;
- Contribute some to the development of the Key stage programmes of study;
- Be able to motivate and challenge able students, by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
- Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that Music is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following personal characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organised and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
- A Competitive salary and benefits package;
- The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
- Maximum class sizes of 18;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- Maximum contact time 24*50 minute lessons per week;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated extremely well-lead team of EPA specialists;
- A great team spirit.
- Please send us your complete CV;
- Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest) and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
- Additionally ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses;
- Please browse our extensive bilingual website for a clear overview of the school, and you can find us on Facebook which gives a flavour of the vibrancy of the school;
- It is normal practice to invite shortlisted candidates to Bucharest for the final interview, which usually includes demo lessons with students;
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information prior to applying.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students, as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.
- Closing date: Applications will be dealt with on receipt;
- First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype;
- Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be individually arranged with shortlisted candidates.