New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
The agenda is challenging, but for the right individual this presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and a lasting contribution to our journey in becoming outstanding providers of education. We are committed to lifelong learning and can provide a bespoke CPD package to support your professional development, whether you are starting out in your career, have the potential to expand into KS5 or simply looking for a greater teaching experience.
Teacher of Music Salary: MPS/UPS
Consett Academy is currently looking to appoint an energetic and talented Teacher of Music, with the ability to inspire students to enjoy performing arts, both in and out of the classroom. With a preferred start date of September 2017, interested applicants should have the ability or potential to teach A level Music. This is an opportunity for the right individual to join a thriving and forward thinking Sports and Performing Arts Directorate and make a real difference and lasting contribution to the success of our Academy.
We are looking for a colleague who is:
- Good or Outstanding
- Experienced in running rehearsals and other extra-curricular groups
- Able to raise students’ aspirations and attainment
- Able to plan lessons and ensure the use of assessment is effective in securing student progress
- Able to contribute to extra-curricular activities
- Has high expectations of their students
- Consistently models excellent practice and has students' achievement and progress at the forefront of their teaching
- Wants an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant school that makes a difference to our young people’s lives.
We can offer:
- A bespoke CPD package for all staff
- The chance to work in state of the art facilities
- An IPad/ICT device for all teaching staff
- Additional staff benefits i.e. tax free childcare voucher scheme, discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
To download an application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please visit our websites: www.consett-academy.org.uk/vacancies
Want to arrange a visit or informal chat before deciding whether to apply? Just email Human Resources at HR@ncdat.org.uk and this can be arranged.
Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Completed applications should be emailed to: HR@ncdat.org.uk by Midday, Friday 30th June 2017.