Job Purpose: To teach music throughout the Junior School from EYFS to KS2 as a specialist subject.
Responsibilities: The post- holder will:
Support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the whole school and raise standards of teaching, learning and attainment of all pupils in Music education.
Develop and enhance children’s musical experiences.Work collaboratively within the Music department to plan transition projects between Key
Stages, especially KS2 to KS3, to create progression and continuity throughout the three sectors of the school.
Provide and co-ordinate extra-curricular Music activities in the Junior School, training the choir, teaching and training the orchestra and other groups.
Plan and arrange scores and musical repertoire suitable for the vast range of abilities. Plan and organise concerts and assemblies throughout the academic year.
Aims To enhance young children’s learning through music, ensuring every child gains in musical experience, appreciation and ability during their time in the Junior School.
Junior Music Teacher Person Specification Essential
- A good Honours graduate with excellent teaching skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- A strong drive for improvement
- High expectations of oneself, the team and the pupils
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment
- Flexibility, resilience under pressure, reliability and integrity
- Excellent relationships and interpersonal skills when working with pupils, colleagues, parents and others.
- An excellent understanding of musical pedagogy and a range of methodology in order to provide a variety of learning experiences and progression throughout the Junior School, from EYFS to KS2
- Ability to organise oneself in such a way that musical leadership within the Junior School is effective
- Ability to delegate in such a way that tasks are achieved and targets are met with regard to whole school events.
Junior Music Teacher Person Specification Desirable
- Previous experience gained in a class-based primary Music
- An ability to teach creatively and encourage the development of music skills.
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum and the
- Foundation Stage Curriculum (Early Learning Goals) with regard to Music.
- Positive outlook and a good sense of humour
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The school is also committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications Monday 22nd January 2018
Shortlist interview date Commencing immediately after closing date
Job reference number TEJSMU2018
Short listing will commence immediately after the closing date. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please complete and the application form available at http://www.stgeorge.school.it/Employment, continuing on a separate sheet if necessary, and email it to email@example.com, inserting the job
reference TEJSMU2018 in the title of the email.