It’s passion we’re looking for - from any qualified teacher. So if you’re able to inspire and develop musicians and teach our students, we’re keen to hear from you. NQTs are also welcomed; we have a big, supportive department and experienced teachers to mentor you.
To be successful, we will expect you to have:
- Drive, passion, determination and spirit
- Organisation skills that allow you to get the most from every student
- A commitment to delivering outstanding lessons
- Enthusiasm for passing on your knowledge to young people
- Communication skills and confidence to deliver teaching and learning
- The desire to overachieve in an environment that rewards excellence
- Experience which includes taking a lead and working with colleagues to provide the very best learning outcomes for our students
- The ability to develop and lead ensembles and lead small extra-curricular groups
We invest in our staff and you will be given a full induction programme and the support you require to progress, wherever you are in your career. All teaching staff are provided with an IT device, enjoy discounts and offers with Kent Rewards and we have an independent nursery on-site which offers discounts to Homewood Staff. Furthermore, you will enjoy a unique working environment in the beautiful town of Tenterden in the heart of the Weald of Kent.
We know it’s a competitive market and are proud of what we can offer. If you feel this is a challenge and an environment you want to be part of, we want to know what it is that makes you the one we should invest in. Detail your successes in your covering letter and get us excited about you.
Closing date: 19th May 2019, however applications will be reviewed as received, so you may hear from us before this time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community. Homewood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.