Teacher of Music – KS3 and KS4
Oak House School has a school population of 1000+ students. The successful candidate should be able to cater for English as an additional language as many of our students speak English as a second or third language. Furthermore, the successful candidate must be open and willing to undertake professional training and have a reflective attitude towards their own practice, striving for excellence in all aspects of their practice.
· BA Music plus PGCE/QTS
· MEd or MA (desirable)
· 2 years teaching experience minimum
· Experience of mixed-ability classrooms and EAL needs in mainstream classes
· International experience (desirable)
· Experience of teaching IGCSE music
· Experience in KS3 and KS4
Attitudes and Attributes:
· Flexible and adaptable
· Hard working and willing to do extra where required
· Strongly team-motivated
· Willing to differentiate effectively
· Committed to open dialogue with colleagues, pupils and parents
· Able to adjust to life in Spain
· Interested in learning Spanish
Contract and benefits:
· Full time permanent contract, with a four month trial period.
· Social Security paid, ensuring state medical cover
· Moving expenses of 1.000 gross paid at the end of the first payroll (overseas candidates and it is only one payment)
· Travel expenses up to a maximum of 250 euros - receipts required (overseas candidates).
· Assistance given if required with: finding accommodation; registering with a doctor; official paperwork; opening a bank account.
· 190 working days
· Christmas holidays 18-20 days
· Easter holidays: 10 days
· Summer Holidays : 30th June – 31st August
· Local, national or school’s free choice holidays: 12 days total
· Lunches provided free of charge
· Annual Gross Salary 33.600€
· Start date September 2018.
· Class tutors are paid an extra 1.750€ per annum (gross salary) if this work is done.
Other relevant information:
More information about our school www.oakhouseschool.com
Please apply (email@example.com) with a full letter of application, CV (including photograph) and the name of 2 referees to
set e-mail subject “Music Teacher”. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.