Teacher of Music - 0.6 FTE - Up to UPS3 (Inner London)
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Music to teach KS3-5 classes and support the Teacher-in-Charge of Music in delivering an innovative approach to Music Teaching so that all pupils are stimulated to achiever their optimum performance.
We are looking for a part-time worker - 3 days a week.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range ideally up to A-Level standard
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- A highly committed and driven staff
- Students who are very keen to learn and make more than expected progress
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made using the TES online application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further information about the academy is available from the academy website at www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Closing Date: 11.59pm on Monday 26th November October 2018, please note candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date for an interview.
Interviews: Upon receipt of suitable applications.