Teacher of English
British International School of Marbella
Employer: The British International School of Marbella/British Schools Foundation
Location: Marbella, Spain
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Job Start Date: August 2021
Advert Closing Date: 20th April 2021
Employer website: www.bsm.org.es
Suitable candidates for this post will:
- Have recent UK or international experience of teaching Music to at least (I)GCSE and A level
- Have an Honours Degree in Music
- Have UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have a proven track record of raising standards of attainment in Music
- A passion for music and performance in a variety of styles and genres
- Experience of working alongside peripatetic music teachers
- A commitment to curriculum innovation
- Be an outstanding teacher
- Be well organised and creates a stimulating learning environment
- Be enthusiastic and demonstrate a positive approach to pupils
- Be a reflective practitioner and continually strives to improve performance
- Consistently apply school policies
- Have a keen interest in the Personal Development of pupils
- Have experience of being an effective form tutor (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate a keen commitment to contribute to the extra curricular life of the school through performance, school productions and regular performances in school
The British International School of Marbella seeks an exceptional, well qualified Secondary Teacher of Music to join an innovative and growing school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching and have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the school.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary and retention bonus and bursaries for up two 2 accompanying children. The school and BSF provide strong opportunities for ongoing professional development.
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers. An enhanced DBS/ICPC is required.
BSF is committed to providing equal opportunities to all pupils, staff, applicants and other members of the community in a safe, happy environment where all can succeed and where cultural diversity is celebrated. We aim to ensure that there is no discrimination of any kind on grounds of gender, race, colour, creed, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, cultural background, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
To apply for this post please use the Quick Apply button at the top of this page.
- Phases: Early Years-Secondary
- Present Age Range: 2 - 15
- Gender: Mixed Co-Ed.
- No. of Pupils: 370+
- School Type: Mainstream
- Funding Status: Independent
The British International School of Marbella was established in August 2009. The school has experienced steady growth and it has now grown to incorporate EYFS, Primary and Secondary School to Key Stage 4. In June 2020 we moved into our brand new, purpose built campus which has excellent facilities for music including large, purpose built music rooms, practise rooms and a well equipped theatre.
First time visitors to our school often comment on the friendly and welcoming atmosphere that our community has established. We believe strongly that all members of our community should enjoy positive relationships.
The British International School of Marbella is part of the network of The British Schools Foundation. While each school is organised appropriately to reflect the context in which it is set, our schools share a common ethos set out in the BSF Charter. We believe in the personal development of all pupils alongside academic excellence. The British International School of Marbella offers an innovative curriculum based on the principles of the English National Curriculum and the Personal Development of its pupils. We offer a breadth of experience for all and a strong sense of community and citizenship. Our aspiration is to provide world-class education.
The vision of all BSF schools is to complete successful external accreditations and inspections on a regular cycle to ensure that our educational quality is of the highest possible standard. The British International School of Marbella is a member of COBIS.
Our staff work very hard but are well rewarded personally and professionally. As a result, many of our teachers gain a strong affinity for the school and find it hard to leave. Many that do leave, choose to stay within our network of schools and several have enjoyed promotions within the foundation.
The British International School of Marbella is an exciting and enriching place to work and looks forward to greeting new members of staff who have the skills, energy and enthusiasm to thrive in the positive environment that we offer.
For further details please visit our website: www.bsm.org.es
The British International School of Marbella
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 12 years
History and Ethos
The British International School of Marbella (BISM) is one of the leading international schools in Marbella offering contemporary British international education to students in Early Years, Primary and Secondary education. Since ope...