Music Teaching Opportunity in Mongolia (British National Curriculum)
The British School of Ulaanbaatar (BSU) is seeking to recruit a professional, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of Music to join our successful team for the September 2018 start.
BSU is located in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The school opened in September 2012 and has increased in numbers with approx. 400 students aged between 4 – 18. This post will be a rewarding experience and an opportunity to really make a difference. We provide a unique chance to experience life in a fascinating part of the world. The school has a celebrated history of Music performances and therefore applications are welcomed from individuals who have a broad range of experience in the playing of instruments and working with a school choir.
BSU is a Member School of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS), registered as a BSO school and is accredited with the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) board.
BSU follows a curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Programme and the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
Closing date, 16th January 2018, early applications are encouraged as interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have deep knowledge of the National Curriculum of England and Wales including IGCSE and A Levels
- Have a relevant degree and PGCSE or BEd with QTS
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the British system
- Have a passion for teaching & commitment to educating the whole child
- Have a high level of professionalism and care for the wellbeing of children
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term 2 year contract with the option to extend on completion of the first
- Competitive salary
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to country of residence
- Subsidised utilities including internet
- Baggage allowance
- Health insurance
- 100% tuition fees for up to 2 children
- Free use of pool and gym
All interested applicants are encouraged to send your C.V, a cover letter, a photo taken in the last 6 months and the names and contact information of 3 references, one being your current Head of School / Chair of Governors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th January 2018
Early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our school and living in Mongolia, please watch a short video about life at BSU.