We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated teacher of Music who is able to deliver inspiring and engaging lessons to our students and engender a love of music in and out of the classroom. The Department is situated within a modern, purpose built Music Centre and is well equipped with instruments. We have a team of peripatetic music teachers giving numerous lessons a week and we run many extra curricular music groups for students of all levels and age groups including Rosebery Singers, Flute Ensemble, String Orchestra, and Junior and Big Band.
We hold two or three major concerts a year and hold a music festival every other year as well as working closely with our Drama Department to produce a whole school musical. Smaller solo and ensemble concerts run during the year for different age groups.
Why choose us
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach. We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all. We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities. We hope that you will want to come and join this unique school community and encourage you to visit us to see The Rosebery Way in action before making an application to us.
What we offer:
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• A successful NQT support programme including a bespoke learning programme and protected time with no cover expectations.
• Classrooms with SMART boards.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
What we are looking for:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who will teach music to students in Years 7 to 11 and 12 to 13 as needed.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, committed to working as part of a team.
• Lead some of the numerous extra-curricular opportunities offered by the department.
• Be passionate about student welfare.
Salary Scale: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe)
Working Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: Monday 15 March 2021
Starting Date: September 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfill our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experi...