We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Music to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and inspirational teacher who is passionate about assisting in the development the next generation of musicians.
Music forms part of the Performance Faculty (Art, Drama, Food Technology and Music). We have partnerships with the Camden Music service and we are very proud of the range of instrumental lessons on offer for all students as well as the range of opportunities we have created to work alongside the English National Opera and the Roundhouse in Camden. We have put on several shows including Bugsy Malone and the Odyssey and this academic year we are preparing for the musical School of Rock. We are looking for someone who can drive this work forward and ensure we have excellent partnerships and opportunities in place for all of our students, building on the successes already achieved. At UCL Academy we encourage all of our students to be creative and to participate in productions as well as smaller performances in assemblies and through our diverse extra-curricular activities. We are excited about welcoming passionate, ambitious and motivated candidates to join our team on our journey to ‘outstanding’.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
- Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements;
- A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
- Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: 22 May 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.