Teacher of Music (Fixed term for 1 year)
To work 3 days per week
Required for September 2021
Stretford High School is “a safe and caring place. Teachers know pupils well. Staff have high expectations of what pupils can achieve. Staff expect pupils to live by the school’s values ‘morning, noon and night’. Pupils behave very well in lessons and they display good manners.” Ofsted 2019.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and inspirational Teachers of Music to join our PEXA department. We are looking for candidates with a passion for their chosen subject and the ability to deliver an innovative curriculum at key stage 3 that will support transition to BTEC at Key Stage 4.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• knowledge of a range of musical genres and instruments along with your specialism
• an understanding of modern approaches to music education, particularly musical futures
• evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge;
• knowledge of a range of musical genres and instruments along with your specialism;
• an understanding of modern approaches to music education, particularly musical futures;
• a commitment to high standards and outcomes;
• an understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for excellent teaching and learning;
• the ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of the learners;
• evidence of good classroom management skills;
• the ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our culturally diverse community;
• a commitment to lead enrichment activities;
• the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone, and as part of a team;
• a confident and competent approach to the use of ICT to engage students in their learning
The ability to teach Key Stage 3 Art is desirable.
All applications must be made using Stretford High School’s application form. CV’s will not be accepted.
The preferred method of application is electronically via e-mail to: email@example.com
The job description and application form are available on the School’s website: www.stretfordhigh.com
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Jessica Craney, HR Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: 9am Monday 17th May 2021
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 20th May 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks, for the successful applicant.
Stretford High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years