Teacher of Music (with some Drama)
Required for January 2018
Salary: MPR / UPR
Carlton Bolling is an Outstanding school which has been on a rapid improvement journey over recent years, with results in 2017 within the top 5% of schools nationally. This progress was recognised by Ofsted who praised the “Highly aspirational vision for the school”.
Staff enjoy working at Carlton Bolling and are supported and encouraged to lead and develop practice “Pupils and staff are enthused and excited to excel. Pupils and staff work together within a harmonious community, where they are fully supported”: Ofsted, November 2017.
Although we are rated Outstanding, we are still moving forward at the same trajectory on our path to become one of the top 1% of schools in the country. If you share this vision, and are prepared to put in the effort to attain this goal, we would like to hear from you.
Performing Arts as a Faculty is made up of Music, Drama and PE. Music and Performing Arts is taught across KS3 to all students and as a BTEC option at KS4. Students at KS4 follow the BTEC Music course and a Btec Performing Arts Course. The current Music department offer extra-curricular music clubs and put on a Carlton Bolling has Talent show every year. They are also putting on a full school show of Bugsy Malone this year.
The successful applicant will be joining a faculty that:
· Have produced excellent results at both KS3 and KS4 over the past few years
· Are enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated
· Are committed to providing the best curricular and extra-curricular opportunities for students.
We are seeking to appoint:
· A teacher with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting music lessons
· A candidate with high expectations in themselves, and their students
· A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising attainment further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
If you are hard-working, ambitious to be the best, and genuinely have the interests of students at heart, we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you think this might be the role for you, please contact Human Resources at Carlton Bolling College for an information pack and an application form.
We welcome visits to the school; to arrange a convenient time please contact Lindsay Wilson, Head of PA faculty.
T: 01274 633111
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th November 2018 – 9.00am
Interviews to be held: Thursday 29th November 2018