About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and innovative IB World School offering the Primary Years Programme, and pursuing authorisation for the IB Middle Years Programme. The school is growing rapidly opening new classes year after year and high importance is placed on the digital learning environment throughout the entire educational programme. The middle years classes have brand new facilities which include a science lab and art&design lab. Growth of the school will include an extension of our current premises.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
International School of Bergamo is seeking an MYP Design Technology & ICT Teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, who will provide professional expertise, high quality teaching and learning within a rapidly evolving area of IT. He/She should make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning through the use flexible strategies in a class with students from different language backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in teaching Design/ICT at middle school level
- Be responsible for designing an MYP Design programme for the middle school
- Be prepared to teach ICT in the Primary School
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be willing to inspire other members of staff in the use of ICT and play an active role in the promotion of technology in school.
- Collaborate within the teaching team and interact with the school ICT technician.
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- B.A. Degree in Education or other relevant degree or teaching qualification
- Relevant international teaching experience in design-technology/product design.
- English Mother Tongue
- Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
- Familiar with the use of Google tools
Candidates are required to send their CV with recent photo, contact details for two references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Roberta Sana, MYP Coordinator International School of Bergamo, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can also apply by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.