Discovery College Website: http://www.discovery.edu.hk
Discovery College is a part of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
Teacher of MYP/DP Mathematics (Starting August 2020)
Discovery College is searching for an experienced educator to fill the position of Math Teacher in the Secondary School.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of the curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes.
Teaching and Assessment
• Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student progression based on an inclusive model that discourages withdrawal
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Using learning technologies to enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
Wider professional roles
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
• Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
• Collaborate with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include
• Managing a year level or subject area
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination
The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. Support with obtaining Hong Kong residence will be provided if necessary. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Minimum Typical Education
Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Minimum Typical Experience
An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum frameworks is essential.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 19 Jan 2020
For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at email@example.com.
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.