Qatar Academy Doha (QAD), established in 1996, has grown to approximately 1800 students aged 6 months to Grade 12. QAD is one of the Middle East’s premier educational institutions, an International Baccalaureate World School and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Council of International Schools. The school offers academic excellence through Primary, Middle Year and IB Diploma programmes based on the principle that education involves the development of a student’s cognitive, physical, social, moral and affective capabilities.
Qatar Academy Doha is seeking a MYP English Teacher. The successful candidate will join our team in Doha prior to the 5th August 2018.
We are interested in receiving applications from highly qualified and experienced teachers who have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. All teachers being considered for specific positions should have the breadth and depth in the subject area for which they are being hired. Transcripts are to be reviewed for courses consistent with the grade level in which they will be teaching.
- PGCE, QTS or other valid teaching certification in area of instruction is required
- Minimum two years experience teaching MYP English or KS3, KS4 English
- Teaching across the whole Secondary age range
- Prior UK and / or International experience
Competitive Salary & Benefits package includes – shipping allowance at start and end of contract, fully furnished accommodation with all utilities paid (minus telephone), annual return home flights, transportation allowance, international and local medical insurance, all tuition fees paid for dependents (up to three) who meet the admission standards and attend Qatar Academy Doha, access to Qatar Foundation recreation facilities inclusive of swimming pools and fitness centers and one month salary for every year of service as end of contract gratuity.
A single pdf document containing your letter of application, updated CV, copy of passport, scanned teaching qualifications and list of 3 recent direct supervisory references should be emailed to Dr. Howard Menand, QAD Middle School Principal at email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website: http://qataracademy.edu.qa/employment
Skype Interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates.
Qatar Academy Doha is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
Early application is encouraged as Qatar Academy Doha reserves the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate is found.