About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and innovative IB World School offering the Primary Years Programme, and pursuing authorisation for the IB Middle Years Programme. The school is growing rapidly opening new classes year after year and high importance is placed on the digital learning environment throughout the entire educational programme. The middle years classes have brand new facilities which include a science lab and art&design lab. Growth of the school will include an extension of our current premises.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
International School of Bergamo is seeking an MYP Individuals & Societies Teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, willing to use flexible strategies in a class with students from different language backgrounds.
Applicants must have recent middle/high school experience in teaching Humanities and be excited by the challenge of writing and preparing an IB MYP curriculum using the best principles of current educational research.
Experience in teaching the IB MYP or DP would also be beneficial, although not essential as training will be given.
International School of Bergamo is a growing school and there will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in teaching Individuals&Societies/Humanities at middle /high school level
- Be responsible for designing an Individuals&Societies programme for the MYP (up to MYP 5)
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be willing to play an active part and collaborate with the other members of the middle school department
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- University degree in a related subject and Qualified Teacher Status
- Mother tongue English
- Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
- Experience of teaching the IB is a distinct advantage, and candidates with experience in the Diploma Programme will be given priority
- Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work at the end of August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Candidates are required to send their CV with recent photo, contact details for two references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Roberta Sana, MYP Coordinator International School of Bergamo, by email only to: email@example.com
Applicants can also apply by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.