Job Title: Teacher of PE (Boys)
Start Date: September 2018 (January 2019 start date negotiable for the right candidate)
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Teacher of PE who is dedicated and keen to join our hard working, approachable and supportive PE team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to further improve an already successful department.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
You will join a friendly and supportive PE Faculty whose aim is to ensure all pupils engage in a range of physical activities that they enjoy and they achieve success in. Pupils are encouraged to develop a personal commitment to maintaining their health and well-being beyond the curriculum. Extra-curricular activities are central to this development and are given high priority by all staff. In addition to supervision of changing rooms, you will be required to teach Edexcel GCSE and Cambridge Nationals Sports Science Level 2 across the full age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4. The ability to teach a core subject will be an advantage.
• A real passion for teaching and learning in PE
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher
• A commitment to extra-curricular activities
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the PE Department drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 18th June 2018
Interview date: Friday 22nd June 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.