Salary: The UCL Academy Main Scale 1-9 (£30,480-£49,571) plus an enhanced £1,500 allowance for all teaching staff
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent following probation
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden, NW3 3AQ
Start Date: April 2020, or sooner, depending on notice period
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with great teaching qualities? Would you be interested in working in an academy that offers unique links to UCL and an innovative connected curriculum and collaborative approach? If yes, we encourage you apply for the position of Teacher of PE at the state-of-the-art UCL Academy. Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy that opened its doors in the heart of the London Borough of Camden in 2012. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the chance to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information or why not watch our school video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIeTNCsBThc&t=1s
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
• Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage.
About the Department
The PE provision is unique, challenging and fun, as we deliver the IMYC for our lower school, have an extensive core programme for our upper school which complements our GCSE PE and BTEC First Award. We have one specialist sport Academy delivered through Greenhouse Charity for Basketball and these are accessed through all years and benefit from our own Sports Coach. We have an extensive extra-curricular programme through Self-Directed Learning and we compete in a huge range of sports at District, County and National levels. A commitment to fixtures is very important, as we have built a strong sporting reputation. We are a dynamic, friendly, adaptable and open minded team which supports and drives each other towards excellence.
What we Want
• Passion about your subject;
• Sound understanding of current areas of development in the subject;
• Have a clear understanding of the diverse needs of students and knows how to address them;
• Have high expectations, sets and delivers high standards and commands credibility through expertise;
• Able to plan, assess, review and evaluate effectively and efficiently through good analysis, understanding and interpretation of data/evidence and other information.
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the link provided. If you have any questions regarding the role you may contact Zaheer Ahmad, Recruitment Coordinator at 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 27 January 2020 and you must be available to attend on this date.
Closing Date: Friday 24 January 2020
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.