Part time (0.4) 2 year Fixed Term Contract
The Sports Department at King Alfred School, provides an enjoyable and inclusive programme of sport and exercise in a safe learning environment. We provide opportunities for every pupil from 4 to 18 to develop physically, socially and emotionally, allowing them to reach their full potential.
The Sports Department has five specialist teachers. We all teach across the age-range, from Reception to 13; groups are mixed-ability and each is never more than twenty students in total in a class.
(a) Effective and reflective classroom teacher
- Ensure that teaching and learning is of a consistently high quality on a day-to-day basis, and takes careful account of the range of needs in all classes
- Provides regular and detailed marking and feedback to support student progress
- Monitor student achievement, sets meaningful targets for student improvement, and puts in place appropriate interventions where required.
(b) Team player
- Actively contribute to the department and wider staff team, for example, by taking part in the calendar of meetings and INSET programme
- Takes responsibility for professional development, for example by participating in peer observation and sharing of best practice
- Keeps abreast of national and local developments in the subject you teach
- Assists in the development of schemes of work and resources.
(c) Contribution beyond the classroom
- To contribute to and develop the extra-curricular programme
- To organise student events and fixtures
- To represent the school at weekend and weekday fixtures
- To be involved in residential trips, such as camps and DofE
The post-holder should:
- Hold a good honours degree
- Have a PGCE and QTS
- Have experience working with children across the 4 to 18 age range
- Have strong teaching skills
- Have strong pastoral skills
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to command respect of students, staff and parents.
Please see the attached job pack for the details of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Wednesday 19 May 2021
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply using our online Application Form.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
King Alfred School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...