Teacher of PE
Permanent, full time, to start September 2021
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range
We are recruiting a full-time Teacher of PE to join the very successful Department here at John Ferneley College.
We have high aspirations and expectations for each of our students. To achieve our aims, we recruit the most talented teachers to our schools and support their development, career progression and wellbeing within our Trust.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of PE with high expectations and good subject knowledge. The PE Department is a team of excellent and supportive teachers who bring energy and enthusiasm to the delivery of their subject. The right candidate will have the ambition and desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Department. The ability to teach a wide range of sports across different key stages and support our extensive extra-curricular programme, is essential. Experience of teaching GCSE PE.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
How does our curriculum work?
- as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding areas
- regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and flourishing curriculum
- in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
- we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our ever-growing Trust)
- we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, including sport, theatre and performance, outdoor learning and adventurous life-skill activities
Working with us will give you:
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing an exceptional education for all students at John Ferneley
- you will be working in a school committed to training, staff development and growing ourselves, so that learning and improvement sits at the heart of everything we do
- you will have the opportunity to become involved in a number of development projects to extend your leadership skills
- staff at John Ferneley are known for innovation and continually striving to improve the quality of teaching and learning. You will be joining a team of professionals who are seeking to be at the vanguard of educational developments, both nationally and internationally
- an environment with moral purpose at its heart
- an opportunity to indulge in a passion for your subject area and for teaching and autonomy to focus on subject mastery
- a climate that takes seriously the well-being of its very much valued teaching team
- a comprehensive well-being package of benefits and a sensible approach to teacher workload
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
- opportunities to extend your reach and impact into primary settings
- opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
- 1:1 support in strategic career planning
- a culture that takes work-life balance extremely seriously, supported by an internal Staff Well-being Officer and development team
- a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you are capable of
- aspirational, happy and hardworking students
- high aspirations for all stakeholders
Closing Date: Midnight, Monday 1st March 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 16th March 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
John Ferneley College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years