The Petchey Academy – Teacher of PE
Closing Date: 15th October 2017
Salary: Competitive, plus performance related bonuses
Start Date: January 2018
Do you want to work in an academy where “people just love coming to work”? (Investors in People GOLD 2014)
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough, The Petchey Academy has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
Outstanding PE teacher needed
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint a dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial PE teacher looking to take on some leadership responsibilities in their subject area.
Physical Education at The Petchey Academy is linked strongly to our specialism and is therefore a high profile subject area with a strong and energetic team of teachers. It continues to be a popular subject choice at KS4 due to constant innovation in our KS3 curriculum and broad range of engaging lessons and sports covered across all year groups. We also run BTEC/ A Level and the Sports Academy programmes at KS5.
We are looking for:
· A Qualified teacher who can teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
· A Collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
· Enthuse students with a love of Health and Exercise
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students.
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
· Enjoy an inspiring new building and sports facilities including an All Weather Astroturf, MUGA and a new state of the art gym and fitness suite.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)