Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Maternity Cover until July 2020
Start date: November 2019 (dependant on availability)
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
An exciting opportunity has become available at Selston High School for a Teacher of PE to join an existing team of dedicated teachers. The successful candidates will be employed on a temporary basis to cover a period of maternity leave. We are committed to continually improving the quality of learning and teaching and raising standards, therefore a willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others is essential.
We are looking for an inspirational PE teacher who has real passion for their subject and who is committed to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This opportunity would suit an NQT or experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 18 October 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.