*Due to a genuine occupational requirement this role is open to female candidates only*
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) with a fourth school, Heaton Manor School, scheduled to join our MAT shortly. Two of our schools are rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and collectively we are committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, versatile and skilful female teacher of PE to join our effective and diverse PE teaching and learning team. You will be required to teach PE across Key Stages 3 and 4.
Physical Education is a popular subject in the school which enjoys a reputation for excellence in a range of sporting activities including significant success at regional and national levels. You will teach a wide range of activities within the PE curriculum. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within an experienced and dynamic department.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for PE
- An ability to contribute to the teaching of a range of different activities
- An unstinting commitment to extra-curricular activities
- The ability to teach GCSE and NCFE level 2 health and fitness
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively visit our website http://www.gosforthacademy.org.uk/north-gosforth for further details and an application form.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com or by post to North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6EJ.