Inspire their remarkable with us
We are seeking a dynamic, committed and enthusiastic PE Teacher to work in a thriving PE department. We provide a very diverse and full curriculum, including a wide range of team, racket and aesthetic sports. You will be responsible for leading fun, engaging lessons which develop leadership and independence opportunities for students while supporting students to reach their full potential in sport. A passion for extra-curricular sport is also essential as the PE department offers a hugely successful extra-curricular programme.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Physical Education;
- Be an excellent teacher;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
TEC, based in Staffordshire, is a forward-thinking and established community-driven school, which is within easy commuting distance of Birmingham and Derby. We are on a journey to rapidly improve the quality of teaching & learning across the school, to impact positively on student outcomes, under the leadership of a recently appointed Principal. The school receives very strong support from the Trust in developing school improvement systems and practice in school, to support the passion and drive of all colleagues in school. Our aim is to embed the highest expectations of all members of our learning community, delivering challenge in the classroom, ensuring that developmental work on the curriculum is underpinned by quality assurance and accountability.
“Every teacher needs to improve, not because they are not good enough, but because they can be even better”
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 24 January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.