Contract: Full-time – temporary for January 2020
Start Date: 1st January 2020
Responsible to: Head of PE
Larkmead School is seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who is an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of P.E to join our Physical Education Department to cover a short term absence for the month of January 2020. The position is suitable for NQT’s and experienced teachers who can teach across the range of national curriculum activities and have the ability to teach GCSE and A-Level. Due to the short term nature of the post please contact us with expressions of interest in advance of the closing date.
As the successful candidate you will be:
• passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement and promoting a culture where healthy exercise is encouraged and enjoyed by all
• confident teaching across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
• a team player with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• able to deliver practical lessons to a high level and promote health and wellbeing through regular exercise for all students
• an excellent programme of induction and training which seeks to provide an excellent foundation for career progression;
• a forward thinking environment which recognises the benefits of considering flexible working patterns.
• a friendly, caring, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• a professional environment dedicated to Teaching and Learning with a supportive, dedicated and hardworking staff.
This is fantastic opportunity to work in a school that has just been re-rated “good” by Ofsted (January 2019).
Larkmead is a unique school, run and supported by focused passionate people for students that are engaged, keen and eager to learn. We were awarded “Change School” status and have just been re-awarded the coveted Arts Mark Gold. This is recognition of the creativity and imagination that we believe lies at the heart of a developing ethos and a lively, stimulating learning community. Our key focus is on the quality of Teaching and Learning that will energise each student’s love of learning, engaging and encouraging students at every level of ability, nurturing enthusiastic and inquisitive individuals.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 9th December 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 16th December 2019
Start date: January 2020
If you would like to apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website http://www.larkmead-school.com/vacancies/
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 9.00am Mon day 9th December 2019.
Larkmead School is a member of the Vale Academy Trust. The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff will be expected to promote fundamental British values.