The PE department is looking to appoint a graduate capable of teaching curriculum PE and academic PE to GCSE and A-level. The post would suit a newly qualified teacher or someone looking to further their experience before moving on to a Head of Department role. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will play a full part, both curricular and extra-curricular, in the life of a boarding school.
- Teaching across the full age range from 11 to 18: this will include academic PE (GCSE, A-level and/or BTEC sport) as well as practical curriculum PE.
- Responsible for taking girls' sport.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach approx. 37 one-hour periods over a two week timetable.
- To be an inspirational teacher and contribute to the success of the PE Department.
- A specialism in one of the following pursuits would be desirable, but not essential; Hockey, Netball, Tennis, or Athletics.
- An expectation of a heavy involvement in the school’s sports programme and an active role in the life of a busy boarding school.
- Participation within the pastoral and broader curriculum programme.
- Positive contribution to the school values and ethos.
- A degree in PE or a relative subject.
- PGCE qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A Level PE or a related subject.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- A specialism in teaching anatomy and physiology is preferable.
- A passion for innovative student learning and the ability to stretch all students.
- Excellent credentials in the coaching of at least one of our Focus sports (Hockey, Netball, Tennis, Cricket or Athletics).
- Ability to coach a number of sports to a reasonable level.
- Ability to be self-motivated, and a team player.
- Confidence in using IT to enhance learning within the classroom.
- To be in alignment with the ethos of Bloxham School.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
Interview Date: Friday 10th December 2021