Malvern College Hong Kong is an authorised IB PYP and MYP school and is a candidate school for the Diploma programme. MCHK currently has 800 pupils in Prep 1 to Hundred (Years 1-11). In August 2021, we expect to be close to 1000 pupils and look forward to welcoming our first Sixth Form Cohort.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Hong Kong as a leading international school in Hong Kong.
As a Malvern College teacher the successful applicant will play a full role in the school’s curricular, co-curricular and pastoral programmes.
- Take responsibility for primary PE classes, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class; the ability to take swimming classes will be an advantage;
- Work closely with the PYP Coordinator, Head of Year and PYP colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Write formal reports on a termly basis;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Contribute to the school’s House system;
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as appropriate;
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme;
- Play a full part in the school’s admissions process including attending Saturday Admissions day(s) as required; and
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in PE, PSHE or relevant subject area;
- A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience;
- Swimming background or coaching experience is an advantage;
- Coaching qualification in a relevant sport(s) is an advantage;
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered;
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy is required;
- Prior IB training is required before taking up the post at minimum Category 1 level;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the College community;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work; and
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and College beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV with photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, One Year
Start date: August 2021
Closing date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis and as such early applications are encouraged.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype or in person. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org.
Malvern College Hong Kong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years
Malvern College Hong Kong (MCHK) opened its doors to its first pupils in August 2018. This co-educational day school caters largely for international pupils, reflecting the truly multi-cultural nature of this vibrant city. Malvern College Hong ...