Teacher of PE
Teacher of PE (TLR available for suitable candidate)
Full Time, One Year Fixed Term Contract
Main Pay Scale / Post Threshold Pay Scale for Outer London
Starting date: 1 September 2020
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic Teacher of PE for a one year fixed term contract. You will need to be dedicated in delivering both curriculum and extra-curricular activities. In turn you will be part of an innovative and ambitions department who encourages and promotes the benefits of physical activity. We welcome applications from either experienced or newly qualified teachers.
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 27 March 2020. In light of current circumstances, interviews may be completed remotely, however school reserves the right to bring this date forward. Early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed upon receipt.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.