Lea Valley is an 11-19 academy with 1200 students on roll. This is an exciting time to join our team and to be part of building a beacon of educational excellence.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational teacher of PE who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting and who has the drive and experience to help lead the academy rapidly on its journey to outstanding. They will work with their department on a range of responsibilities including monitoring of standards, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management and achievement. We want a teacher who has passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care. They will deliver consistently excellent teaching and learning, to help all students to achieve excellent academic results. The ability to offer another subject Maths, Science, Geography or History would be desirable.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach PE from key stage 3 to 5 and the ideal candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher of PE or have the potential to become outstanding
• Be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
• Be committed to Lea Valley’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed.
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
They will have the opportunity to:
• Play a significant role in the development of Lea Valley Academy
• Be centrally involved in the leadership and management of the academy and will help establish a school culture that is both nurturing and ambitious
• Join the Edmonton Academy Trust and receive comprehensive CPD through the school and associated networks
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position where you enrich the lives of the students who attend Lea Valley Academy, then we want to hear from you.
For a candidate information pack and a confidential/informal discussion, please contact Mrs O'Toole on 01992 704612 or email@example.com. Please include a supporting statement with your application of no more than 1 page of A4, outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences to date have prepared you effectively for the role of Teacher of PE at Lea Valley Academy.
Location : Enfield, North London
Reporting to : Principal (Day to day management overseen by Lead Teacher Curriculum - PE)
Start Date : January or Easter 2020
Deadline : Friday 15th November 2019 (9.00am - send supporting statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interview Date : w/c Monday 18th November 2019
Salary : Mainscale/UPS - opportunity for TLR for experience/subject lead
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.