Horbury Academy are seeking to recruit a dynamic teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to enthuse our young people to achieve a high standard in Physical Education. You will be joining an experienced PE team who are dedicated and committed to a diverse extra curriculum programme.
The ideal Candidate will:
• Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for PE, able to make the most of our fantastic MUGA and sports facilities in the Academy;
• Understand data and how it can be used to inform planning and intervention by tracking progress;
• Be keen to ensure the learning needs of disadvantaged groups are catered for;
• Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
• Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
• Be an excellent classroom and practical lesson practitioner.
Horbury Academy has:
• Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
• A number of benefits to offer including internal CPD programmes, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great village location easily accessible from the M1 motorway, junction 40.
Closing Date is Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews will likely take place on Thursday 23 May 2019
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary Academy, Middlestown Primary Academy, Ossett Academy and Accord Sixth.