Queen Anne’s School is an exciting place to work, where every member of the school team is valued. We aim to recruit the highest calibre of staff through all areas of the school. Queen Anne’s School is a community and all staff work with a professional, committed and enthusiastic attitude.
The school is located in beautiful 35 acre grounds with good transport links and within easy walking distance of Reading Station. We offer a number of staff benefits including excellent training and Inset opportunities, pension scheme, discounted gym membership, subsidised meals, free car parking and School fee reduction where appropriate.
We intend to apply for planning permission for a 3G pitch and floodlights for the netball/tennis courts.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of PE.
The successful candidate will be an experienced lacrosse player and capable of taking senior lacrosse teams to the next level.
In addition, it would be advantageous if they were able to contribute to any of the following;
- teach netball and take teams across a broad ability range
- expertise in other sports like tennis, athletics or swimming a bonus
- enthusiasm to deliver academic PE at GCSE and/or A level.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- develop excellence within their teaching and inspire the pupils
- be committed to promoting PE as a subject across the whole school
- be instrumental in maintaining a happy and safe environment whilst stretching pupils to their full potential
- be committed to a boarding and day school ethos.
Full details of this position and how to apply are available from http://bit.ly/QASCareers or by emailing HR@qas.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 10 December 2019
Queen Anne’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).