Teacher of PE
Start Date: September 2019 or January 2020
Contract Type: Permanent (0.5 to 1.0 FTE) by negotiation
Salary: Main Pay Scale MPS/UPS + SEN 1, possible assistance with relocation expenses.
Closing Date: 1st July 2019
NOT SUITABLE FOR NQT’s
Northern House School is a special academy based in Wokingham, for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. All our students have an EHCP. Our students come from a wide area and may come to the school with considerable experience of failure and consequent low self-esteem. As a result they may present challenging behaviour or exhibit inappropriate attempts at social interaction.
Our school is a, constantly improving environment, where staff and pupils are happy and feel valued. Our pupils learn to be accountable for their actions and take responsibility for themselves and others as part of their journey into adulthood. Our school has an important role to play in the whole development of each individual student and is committed to equal opportunities for all.
We offer every child:
● Personalised provision incorporating curriculum, intervention and therapy
● A safe and welcoming environment based on tolerance and respect
● High expectations and inspiration, underpinned by understanding and encouragement and
● Wide ranging learning opportunities, support and challenge that will ensure they are confident and equipped for the next stage of their lives
Do you have:
● A creative, innovative and positive approach to education
● The skills and attributes to make you an outstanding teacher, now or in the future
● The ability to use initiative when problem solving
● A flexible approach to teaching and learning
● A commitment to personal and professional development
● The ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Enthusiasm, energy and a passion to support students to achieve their potential
● The ability to manage, organise and motivate all staff with diplomacy, sensitivity and good humour
● Dedicated colleagues who work together as a team
● An opportunity to be part of a continually improving learning environment
● Pupils for whom you can make a difference
● Extensive training
Please visit our website and download the application form, along with the job pack and advert information http://www.northernhouse.org.uk/vacancies.
When you complete the information in support of your application, please tell us what you can bring to the role and why you feel Northern House School Academy Trust is a good match for you.
Once you have completed your application please email it to Jobs@northernhouse.org.uk stating the role and Wokingham in the subject line.
All applications will be considered on receipt, so an early application is recommended.
For a further discussion about the position or to have a tour of the school please contact Paula Whitehead (Headteacher’s PA) Tel: 0118 9771293 Email: email@example.com
Northern House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a rigorous, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all references obtained will be checked upon for authenticity and accuracy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.