Teacher of Performing Arts (Drama and Music)
1 Year Fixed term, to start August 2021
Full or part time will be considered
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range
We have high aspirations and expectations for each of our students. To achieve our aims, we recruit the most talented teachers to our schools and support their development, career progression and wellbeing within our Trust.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic qualified teacher to join our successful Performing Arts Department here at John Ferneley College on a fixed term contract for 1 year. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly supportive and extremely successful Performing Arts team.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has experience of teaching Drama and Music within a secondary school setting. The successful candidate will be teaching either Drama or Music at KS3. The post is suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher.
If you have passion and talent for Performing Arts and want to work hard to ignite this in our young people, then you will fit right into our friendly team.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
How does our curriculum work?
- as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray
- regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and knowledge-rich curriculum
- all students study Humanities to GCSE and the vast majority will study a language over their 5 secondary years
- in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
- we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our Trust)
- we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, through sport, performance and outdoor and adventurous activities
Working with us will give you:
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing an exceptional education for all students at John Ferneley
- you will be working in a school committed to training, staff development and growing ourselves, so that learning and improvement sits at the heart of everything we do
- you will have the opportunity to become involved in a number of development projects to extend your leadership skills
- staff at John Ferneley are known for innovation and continually striving to improve the quality of teaching and learning. You will be joining a team of professionals who are seeking to be at the vanguard of educational developments, both nationally and internationally
- an environment with moral purpose at its heart
- an opportunity to indulge in a passion for your subject area and for teaching and autonomy to focus on subject mastery
- a climate that takes seriously the well-being of its very much valued teaching team
- a comprehensive well-being package of benefits and a sensible approach to teacher workload
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
- opportunities to extend your reach and impact into primary settings
- opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
- 1:1 support in strategic career planning
- a culture that takes work-life balance extremely seriously, supported by an internal Staff Well-being Officer and development team
- a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you are capable of
- aspirational, happy and hardworking students
- high aspirations for all stakeholders
Closing Date: Thursday 20th May 2021
Interviews: Thursday 27th May 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
John Ferneley College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years