We are seeking a teacher of Performing Arts to join our Academy team.
Sandwell Academy opened in September 2006 and in January 2014 was judged outstanding by Ofsted for the second time. We offer you the opportunity to make a positive contribution in this over-subscribed school which specialises in Sport and Business Enterprise in the culturally diverse borough of Sandwell.
All staff play an important role in establishing a positive and caring school ethos, where a culture of success and celebration is consistently promoted. Successful candidates will enjoy an 80% teaching commitment and the benefits of working in state of the art facilities and an environment of developing education initiatives.
The ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is essential.
- The ability to deliver an innovative curriculum in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge.
- Evidence of achieving and securing high standards and outcomes.
- An understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for excellent teaching and learning.
- The ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of the learners.
- Evidence of good classroom management skills.
- The ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our culturally diverse community.
- A willingness to contribute to enrichment activities and the wider life of the Academy.
- The desire to help and support children from all backgrounds.
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone and as part of a team.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- A confident and competent approach to the use of ICT to engage students in their learning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent health and attendance record.
- Resilient nature and positive approach to life.
- A dynamic personality including a capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is negotiable and is dependent upon experience. Salaries broadly reflect national pay scales and successful candidates are also eligible for performance related pay linked to Academy policy and other benefits in addition to their salary.
The post offers an exciting opportunity for ambitious and hardworking professionals to launch or develop a career in teaching with outstanding professional support within a dynamic team of staff.
An application pack is available from www.sandwellacademy.com
Should you require further information, please call 0121 525 1700 or email: email@example.com
Please apply at your earliest convenience
Sandwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are committed to promoting Equal Opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered.