Norton Hill is a high performing and Leading Edge school. It is highly successful and oversubscribed with results often in the top 10% nationally for progress. PB/RE outcomes are always high both in terms of attainment and progress at both KS4 and KS5. In the sixth form, over 50 students take Philosophy and Ethics and this number continues to grow. Outcomes are above national with 65% of youngsters achieving A*-B. PB staff also teach a child development course at KS4.
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Teachers of PB/RE/Child Development to join our talented and hardworking PB Department. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure pupils make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this. You will be working within a very supportive department in a well-equipped PB block.
The school serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells.
• Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
• Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students and staff to achieve their best
• Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
• Help us maintain outstanding results in the PB department
• Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
• A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
• Excellent facilities for teaching and learning
• Leading Edge professional development to support and improve your leadership skills, in preparation for further promotion
• An emphasis on core traditional values of good manners, high academic achievement, high standards of appearance from our children
• An emphasis on Duke of Edinburgh, Ten Tors and other outdoor education for all
Please visit: http://midsomernortonschoolspartnership.com/vacancies.htm to apply
Closing date: 23rd March 2020
Provisional Interviews: Wednesday 1st April 2020
Norton Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.