BOYS’ SELECTIVE STATE SCHOOL with mixed Sixth Form from September 2019
Required from January 2019 for Spring and Summer terms
(full-time or part-time, fixed term with the possibility of becoming permanent)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued
We are seeking a teacher of Philosophy and Religion to join this flourishing Department in January 2019. You will be required to teach up to GCSE and a suitable candidate may have the opportunity of teaching A-level. Results in the department are excellent.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
· a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff
“it is easy to take the school for granted, but what has kept me here are the superb opportunities and the stimulus many of the pupils provide” (current teacher)
· very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour
“as our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identity; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays” (ex-parent)
· a commitment to professional development
· a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
· benefits include: season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
We have also been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Please access our TES portal for information and an application form. If you are applying for part-time, please state that on your application, together with your preferred hours.
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday, 20 November 2018. Early applications will be welcome - the interview process may be staged and some interviews held in advance of the closing date.