We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly qualified Philosophy and/or Theology teacher in this developed and flourishing department. You will be required to teach up to and including A-level. At A Level there is a very good uptake for Philosophy of Religion, Theology and Ethics (OCR). Results are excellent and a significant number of students are offered Philosophy and Theology places at Russell Group universities.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
· A vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff
“it is easy to take the school for granted, but what has kept me here are the superb opportunities and the stimulus many of the pupils provide” (current teacher)
· Very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour
“as our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identify; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays” (ex-parent)
· A commitment to professional development, eg, part-time study for Education Masters of Research (MResEd) at Kingston University
· An opportunity to teach your subject to a high level
“as I depart for University I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given” (ex-pupil)
· A location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
· Benefits include: season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit/childcare voucher scheme
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
We have also recently been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Please access our TES career site https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1039608 for information and an application form.
If you are applying for part-time, please state that on your application, together with your preferred hours.
Closing date: Noon on Monday, 16th October 2017.