Renaissance College Website: https://www.rchk.edu.hk
Renaisssance College requires a Teacher of Physical & Health Education (MYP) for 2021/22 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2021, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teachers in the department/team are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the pastoral and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities. Working as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Department/Year level Coordinator, the subject teacher is expected to fulfil the following roles:
• Provide learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
• Establish effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
• Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
• Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in accordance with PYP, MYP and DP guidelines and the assessment policy of Renaissance College.
• Co-operating with other staff (whole school) on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
• Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
• Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
• Regularly referring to the Online Curriculum Centre of the IBO and the ESF CLC sites and interactive meetings.
• Attend professional development programmes, participating in “on campus” courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by the Head of Department, Curriculum Coordinators and Senior Management Team.
• Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
• Participating in arrangements for preparing students for internal and external examinations.
• Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
• Collaborative planning with other teachers within and outside of the Area of Learning Department.
• Performing the pastoral duties and House (Dynasty) system responsibilities of a teacher.
• Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties.
• Performing other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 17 Jan 2021
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Renaissance College Hong Kong (RCHK) is a world-class coeducational independent school and an IB World School. It was the first school in Asia to offer all four of the IB programmes: PYP, MYP, DP and CP.
Students are educated from Year 1 to Year 13 on one site, guided and encouraged by a team of experienced international educators. Our student body comprises 40 nationalities, with 20 languages represented. English is the medium of instruction, with Mandarin taught at every level. Technology is integrated college-wide throughout the curriculum.
Creativity, activity, service (CAS) is integral to college life. Students participate in a myriad of artistic, musical, sporting and service activities conducted on-site and off-campus.
Renaissance College encourages young people to be curious and caring global citizens. Our aim is to prepare well-educated young people to lead future generations, to seek and create an environment of intercultural understanding and respect for others.
Renaissance College - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Renaissance College (RCHK) is a student focused international teaching and learning institution.
Through a curriculum that is both rigorous and holistic, the College will develop Global Citizens that strive for academic excellence, appreciate the a...