Teacher of Whole School PE
For August 2018, we are looking for an additional teacher for our PE department.
Charter International School has grown over 14 years from a small Kindergarten to its current size of 320. Charter is fully accredited by CIS and WASC and is a Cambridge Examination Centre offering A Level, IGCSE and Checkpoint examinations.
In addition to providing a comprehensive PE programme taught in school, Charter belongs to TISAC (Thailand International Schools Activity Conference) and FOBISIA (Federation of British International Schools in Asia) and both of these have a strong emphasis on inter-school sports. The successful applicant will be expected to take on a full commitment to supporting the students’ participation.
Applicants should have:
· A teaching degree or a relevant degree + PGCE
· A minimum of three years’ experience
· A broad range of PE teaching experience, across both Primary and Secondary ages.
· Success in coaching teams, particularly in basketball, football, athletics and swimming.
· A commitment to contributing fully to the school’s activity programme, during and after school and at some weekend tournaments.
The package includes a competitive salary, housing allowance, flights and health insurance (for spouse included), free school places for 2 children.
Applicants should look at further application details on the school website and send:
· A full CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 professional referees (one of whom must be your current head).
· A letter of application (2 A4 sides maximum)
Charter International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, such as the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), if UK based, or the equivalent if overseas, as well as written/verbal reference checks from previous employers. Any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks being successfully completed.
Further school information can be seen on the school website www.charter.ac.th
Applications should be sent by Monday February 5th to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.