Teacher of Physical Education – September2019/January 2020
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our GCSE results are consistently outstanding with well above average Progress 8 scores (+0.87 & +0.76) and our thriving Sixth Form is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results. We offer both A Level and Vocational pathways and we also boast an excellent success rate in university applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection, Copthall has been awarded the status of ‘Good’. ‘By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupil’s progress’. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Physical Education who will join a dynamic and committed department with excellent indoor and outdoor facilities on site. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach PE at KS3 and KS4 and suitably qualified candidates will have the opportunity to teach A Level.
• be an outstanding teacher or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
• be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
• must have proven record of GCSE attainment
• have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
• be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
• Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.